3360 Tennyson Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20015
PHONE: (202) 537-0496
Demonstrated an active interest and involvement in sports as participant, coach, legal consultant, community outreach facilitator, and promotions/fundraiser throughout professional career.
Teach and coach tennis and golf to youth and other beginners to develop tennis and golf skills. Establish tennis and golf programs. Also, assist in the coordination, education, and management of an established tennis program.
Player: Lifetime player having played on high school club team, and college for one year in California, tournament play as adult, and more recreation play.
- March 2004 to the Present-teach part time at Jack Shore Tennis Academy in Potomac and Germantown, Maryland and its satellite programs for 5-8 year old children. Coach at other recreational and after school programs in Washington, DC and Delaware
- Participate actively in the Washington, DC Tennis Foundation.
- Serve as instructor at annual events at the Southeast Tennis and Learning Center. Served as USPTR Pro for the Special Olympics Event at the Legg Mason Tournament.
- Organized and coached in the National Junior Tennis League and supervised three additional coaches in the program.
- Taught high school for three years and started tennis teams at those private schools.
- Served as coach and organizer of the high school teams. (Merced, California) Also, teach beginner golf to young children.
- Started tennis teams and programs at private high schools in California.
- DC Recreation Wish List Committee, which built the Southeast Tennis and Learning Center.
- Supported the Mid-Atlantic Tennis Associations International Tennis Tournament.
- Assisted foreign players who required immigration law counseling.
- Served as counsel for the Washington Tennis Association.
- In January 2005 started the Washington College Tennis Association-a CTA college tennis program for intramural collegiate tennis players in the Mid-Atlantic Region with emphasis on Washington, D. C.
- Conducted seminars for the Washington Tennis Association. Panelists on Risk Management for the CTAW/USTA Workshop, Destin, Florida, 2005.
Tennis Education and Memberships
- Member of the United States Tennis Association,
- USPTR—Recreation coach
- USPTA—Developmental Coach
- United States Tennis Association Tennis Teacher's Conference 2000-2008 in New York.
- Regular volunteer with Citibank Tennis Tournament, USTA-Mid-Atlantic, Washington Kastles and the Southeast Tennis and Learning Center.
- Volunteer with Mid-Atlantic tennis booth at the NBC Health Expo for several years.
- Served at USPTR Pro for the Special Olympics at the Legg Mason.
- Regular participant in tennis events for charitable causes..
- Served as Chair of the District of Columbia Bar's Arts, Entertainment and Sports Law Section.
- Served as Chief of the Sports Law Committee-sponsored programs involving sports law issues.
- Have played and participated in golf for years. Regularly play in and contribute to charity golf events for the American Cancer Society-Pink Ribbon Classic-Eastern Shore, National Breast Cancer Coalition, and LPGA Golf Clinics.
- Started the Washington Chapter of the Executive Women’s Golf Association.
- Volunteer at McDonald's LPGA Championship in Delaware and Maryland for six years, and other LPGA events. Currently, volunteer for 2017 Solheim Cup
- Teach golf in after school programs to five to eight year olds.
- Involved in The First Tee for State Of Delaware and District Of Columbia and girls' LPGA events
Other Work Experience
- Private Legal Practice, Washington, D. C. - Counsel (2001-Present), Licensed in the District of Columbia
- U. S. Department of Justice/Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), Washington, D. C.
- U. S. Catholic Conference (USCC), Washington, D. C.
- Senior Attorney/Administrative Judge-(EEOC), Washington, D. C.
- United States Senate and US House of Representatives
- Secondary School Teacher
State of California Standard Teaching Credentials with a Specialization in Elementary Education
State of California Standard Teaching Credentials with a Specialization in Secondary Education
JURIS DOCTOR, University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, MD
MASTER OF ARTS in Political Science, Catholic University of America, Washington, D. C.
BACHELOR OF ARTS in French and History, Immaculate Heart College, Los Angeles, CA