Jody Marten specializes in the immigration aspects of intercountry adoption, citizenship and naturalization for children. She
- prepares Rebuttals to Notices of Intent to Deny;
- prepares Briefs and Responses to Denials to the Administrative Appeals Office;
- represents children applying for status Special Immigrant Juveniles;
- represents adoption agencies and prospective adoptive parents in proceedings; before the Department of State and also the US Citizenship and Immigration Services;
- serves as an expert witness in adoption matters before the DOS and USCIS.
She developed the Children's Citizenship Project to ensure that all foreign born children eligible for citizenship in the United States become documented citizens. Through this project she is reaching out to the parents of children eligible for citizenship and to other young persons eligible for naturalization to assist them with the process.
She is a member of American Immigration Lawyers Association, American Academy of Adoption Attorneys's Committee on International Adoption and the American Bar Association International Family Law Section.
Contact our office to arrange a consultation about intercountry adoption and child citizenship issues.